Wednesday 18 November 2015

COP3 Silent Crit - Show and Tell Practical

This crit was quite different compared to the previous ones where we would stand up and present our work. I quite liked how informal it was and it actually gave people time to absorb and give feedback on the work that we had done. I would like to do more of these crits as personally I felt I got alot more good feedback compared to the presentation crits.

My feedback was very informative, for example showing the different boards in comparison with each shot would be a fantastic way to show the differences between each method used. I believe this will work better when experimenting with media as well; an easier form of visual analysis. Another piece of feedback suggest to look into theory that surrounds cartoons driven by storyboards, much like Adventure Time. However I think this would be a good topic to research further in PPP module as this slightly goes off topic towards my dissertation.

Unfortunately, the main problem was that the storyboards were quite small, I did make each page A3 but with it being on a small screen, it was small. I wanted a little bit of text on the same page of the storyboard just to note what I am doing. For example 'I am creating a perspective board', I didn't want to have to describe each row of shots as visually my storyboards should portray this.




No comments:

Post a Comment