Monday 11 January 2016

COP3 Lecture: How to resolve your Research Project/ Academic Conventions & Assessment Seminar

This lecture was really informative and recapped on the assessment criteria that we needed to include in order to pass the module. Having this recap lecture allowed me to consider the work I had done so far and what else I need to include. -Be wary of completely depending on the learning outcomes, keep them in mind, rather than keeping to them. 

I find that when I write I sometimes add unnecessary sentences that makes the paragraph take longer to get to the point, with this lecture, it was emphasised that the text needed to be straight to the point to ensure that the critical analysis is easy to read and is more academic. 

+ Consider the work you have and have yet to do. Do you know what your final outcome will look like? What risk assessments, if any, have you taken into consideration? There is nothing wrong with scaling down your ambitions as long as you justify why you have done so.
+ Continue to create mini deadlines for yourself to ensure that you keep to your schedule and that you complete all work by the deadline. 

The submission details were very brief and included information on the binding process. I need to ensure that I follow the submission details on the VLE as to ensure that every outcome is completed and ready to burn to disc. With the digital submission of the dissertation, the size must be under 5MB in either a .doc/.docx or pdf file. 









No comments:

Post a Comment