Thursday 14 January 2016

COP3 Practical - making Final Storyboards

Whilst creating the storyboards there were times when perspective became a problem. In order to solve the problem I went straight to primary photography, this was mainly for the proportion of the Hero character, or if it was more of an architectural problem I would quickly use Maya for reference. Maya was fantastic for creating a simple and fast version of the background that I wanted to draw.

I ended up only using Maya for reference on two scenes, one contained the main interior of the Tower and the other a tilted shot of the Tower. I first tried to tackle drawing the Tower from the exterior at a canted angle with the use of three point perspective however the cone shape was frustrating. I just could not draw this cone shape in three point, if the Tower had been a square shape I would have easily have drawn the perspective.

To solve this problem with the Tower, I created an extremely basic scene in Maya, colouring the door and window with bright hues so they didn't blend in with the rest of the environment. I didn't spend too much time on modelling this Tower as I only needed this for reference in which I would be adding detail on the storyboard panel. This reference helped me so much not only with drawing the cone but it also pointed out where I went wrong with the three point perspective. I placed my guidelines over the Maya reference and noted where the base of the cone should have been curved. I will definitely be using Maya as a reference tool more often in my work.


Example of Basic Maya Layout
An attempt at three point with a cone shaped building

Extremely basic Maya reference

Use of Maya screen shot to final image.



No comments:

Post a Comment