Monday 11 January 2016

COP3 Tutorial 9/12/15

Notes:

+ I was really struggling with the Impossible Lens. I loved Joanna Quinn's animations but I couldn't just create a summarising paragraph for it. The impossible lens is such a huge advantage towards animation storyboards however with the amount of theorists and examples that I had already written in my work, I was struggling to see how I would work this in with such a limited amount of words, and what I could take out of the text to allow this addition. Therefore I decided to leave the impossible lens out of my investigation, that is not to say that the impossible lens is not important to storyboard artists.

Joanna Quinn (2006) Dreams and Desires - Family Ties

The impossible lens refers to the illusion of movement and camera angles in which film cannot absorb into their work. This lens is the advantage that animation as a discipline can use and create amazing cinematography which can be evident in Quinn's work. Additionally the 12 principles of animation enhance the use of this form of lens, for example pushing the limits with squash and stretch alone within the animation creates an interesting illusion of movement.

For a storyboard artist the impossible lens must be taken into consideration which can only be tackled with the prior knowledge of manipulating the composition within the panel. 

+ Separate Chapter 3 - this can be divided into two - focus more on reference in Disney - fourth Chapter can be reference towards storyboarding and in animation industry? 

No comments:

Post a Comment