Monday 11 January 2016

Show and Tell - Academic Poster

The content on the academic poster needed to be straight forward and prove the synthesis link between my writing and practical outcomes. The main text in the introduction section mainly stated the intentions of my investigations and what I intend to identify with my analysis of artworks. Whereas the description of the practical portrayed how I would take this information and absorb these techniques into my practical, how adapt these into my own work.

I wanted to further emphasise the link between the practical and dissertation by showing the similarities of methods within composition through my examples analysed in the dissertation. With addition of examples of sequences that show methods of compositions within storyboards, portraying camera angles and framing, this enhances the link even more.

For the layout of my poster I wanted it to be as visual as possible. I used the coloured images to create a border in the image that made the title and the bibliography stand out to the viewer. Additionally I added the characters over the bibliography to tie in the coloured sections which worked successfully with the aesthetic appeal. Using my storyboard panels from the practical work I had drawn so far, I wanted the audience to be able to visually depict the actions in the panels. This was to determine if the frame obtained a good structure to the composition and could be seen with only the sequential frames with it. With the feedback gained from show and tell, I gained positive notes on the ease of reading the actions in the sequential frames. Other notes on feedback was to add more images of inspiration, this would work well as I don't have any that show what inspired me with my practical.


Feedback from Show and Tell




No comments:

Post a Comment